We are very aware that we are frequently asking you for money to pay for trips, visitors, special events etc. You will have heard on the news that schools are really struggling financially and that funding is being reduced in various ways.
To help us, we need every parent of every child who is entitled to a free school meal, due to low income, to claim. We understand many people don’t do this when their child is in EYFS and Key Stage 1 as all children get a free school lunch regardless of income, but they should. Some parents don’t claim because their child chooses to bring a packed lunch from home, but the parent should still claim. Some parents may not claim as they believe other children will be aware but this is not the case; please claim.
If you claim for your child, it triggers additional funding for the school and this will continue throughout their time with us, even if your financial circumstances change. The benefits for you are free school sweatshirts/ jumpers, PE kits, help towards the cost of trips and other support to help give your child the best education possible.
Your child will get free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit but not the Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenues & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- If you are supported under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after your employment finishes or after you start to work less hours per week
- Universal Credit
If you think you may be entitled please come in and speak to the office staff or visit the website below as it is very easy to apply on line.
Mrs Grimes and Mrs Rourke