25 hpw, 39 weeks per year
Required for January 2019 start.
We are looking for a skilled Teaching Assistant, with a caring nature to join our team. This role may include some hours working on a 1:1 basis with a child with special educational needs.
- work closely with the Class Teacher
- be able to provide evidence of how individual targets are met to ensure progress
- liaise with teaching staff to plan and deliver classroom support
- assist in developing each child's self-esteem and personal and social skills
- deliver interventions, as appropriate, to support the needs of the children in the cohort.
We are looking for someone who:
- has experience of working as a teaching assistant
- has at least an NVQ2 / diploma or equivalent in the field of child development or working with children
- is flexible and can use their own initiative, understanding a range of duties
- can work independently and as part of a team
- is resilient, hardworking and self-motivated
- has a good sense of humour
- can adapt to suit the needs of individual learners
- has the ability to manage change well, and support children in a variety of situations.
Visits to the school are recommended. For an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the school, please contact either April Grimes or Lorna Rourke (Headteachers) on (01842) 810309.
More information about our school can be found on our website: www.forest.suffolk.sch.uk
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Interview date: w/c 26 November 2018.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.