Job Title: Teaching Assistant
Salary: Grade 2
Hours: 30 hrs per week term time only
Job type: Permanent
Start date: 1st September 2021
We are looking for a skilled teaching assistant, with a caring nature to join our team.
- Work closely with the class teacher.
- Be able to provide evidence of how individual targets are met to ensure progress.
- Liaise with teaching staff to plan and deliver classroom support.
- Assist in developing each child’s self-esteem and personal and social skills.
- Deliver interventions, as appropriate, to support the needs of the children in the cohort.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience of working as a teaching assistant.
- Has at least an NVQ2/diploma or equivalent in the field of child development or working with children.
- Is flexible and can use their own initiative, understanding a range of duties.
- Can work independently and as part of a team.
- Is resilient, hardworking and self-motivated.
- Has a good sense of humour.
- Can adapt to suit the needs of individual learners.
- Has the ability to manage change well, and support children in a variety of situations.
Visits to the school are recommended. For an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the school, please contact April Grimes - Headteacher on 01842 810309.
Application form and further details are available from the Office at school.
Closing date 11/06/2021
Interviews w/c 14/06/2021
Job Title: Breakfast Club Assistant and Wrap Around Care Assistants
Salary: Grade 2
Job type: Fixed Term - 31st August 2022 (term time only)
Start date: 3rd September 2021
We have 2 vacancies for wrap around care assistants:
Position 1: Mon - Fri 3.00pm - 5.45pm 13.75 hrs per week/term time only
Position 2: Mon - Fri 3.15pm - 5.45pm 12.5hrs per week/term time onlyWe also require 2 breakfast cover assistants:
Position 1: Mon-Fri 7.30 – 8.45am Mon – Fri 6.25hrs per week/term time only
Position 2: Mon-Fri 7.45 – 8.45am Mon – Fri 5hrs per week/term time onlyIf you have a pupil at Forest Academy your child/children would be eligible for a free place in our Wraparound care (subject to a minimal amount to cover food expenses).
Our school is committed to safeguarding and the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share our commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Application Deadline: 11th June 2021
Expected Start Date: 3rd September 2021**We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy before the advertised date if a suitable candidate is appointed before the closing date.